Are internal PCI modems not linux friendly, or is there any perfromance
problems?

Sridhar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [expert] Modem for MDK9.0

"Craig Williamson (ENZ)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm building a PC around Mandrake9.0's hardware
> requirements. But the only thing I am having trouble with is the
> Modem. I'm looking for a reliable internal PCI based 56k hardware
> modem. Can you recommend any.

  None. Internal PCI modems suck. Get an external one. USRobotics
  external is a good choice.

  Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their
messenger....

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.
Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.      -- Donald B. Marti Jr.

----