On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 22:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> My advice: Wipe it. I upgraded from 8.2 to 9.0 and then did a wipe and
> re-install as it fell over in a few spots. Like, it found my sound on
> reinstall but not in upgrade etc.

Just read a thread on Mandrake Forum..... And it confirms what I did...
don't wipe, upgrade.  I went granted from beta2 to 9.0 release without a
problem. But the guy doing the thread went from 5.3 to 9.0 without a
hitch or hiccup.  (claimed the hardest part was finding the hardware
that would run 5.3)  They are asking for people to try upgrades even
from non MDK Linux!.... So if you are going to wipe it any way..... why
not give the upgrade a whirl...

James