Well I'm not Todd.  But I might have an answer.  In the first CD there
are several images...  copy the hd.img from that cd to a floppy.  (in
linux the cammand I believe is dd if=hd.img of=/dev/fd0 )  Make sure the
floppy is unmounted when you do this.  From Windows use rawrite.  (under
dosutils) then boot.  tell it where the files are on your hdd and
install as normal.  You have to copy the Mandrake trees as they are
(rpms rpms2 rpms3 for example.)  A brief tutorial is at
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/install/ihdinst.html just in case.

James