James Sparenberg grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> Well I'm not Todd.  But I might have an answer.  In the first CD there
> are several images...  copy the hd.img from that cd to a floppy.  (in
> linux the cammand I believe is dd if=hd.img of=/dev/fd0 )  Make sure the
> floppy is unmounted when you do this.  From Windows use rawrite.  (under
> dosutils) then boot.  tell it where the files are on your hdd and
> install as normal.  You have to copy the Mandrake trees as they are
> (rpms rpms2 rpms3 for example.)  A brief tutorial is at
> http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/install/ihdinst.html just in case.

That seems to be oriented towards installing with a Windows partition on
your hard drive, which I don't have on my Linux box.  I'm going to give a
try to copying the rpms to /var/Mandrake/{RPMS|RPMS2|RPMS3} on my minimal
installed system, and then fire up the hd.img-created floppy and tell it to
grab stuff from /var/Mandrake (and hope it can find the individual RPM
directories).  I'll try varients if that doesn't work.  If I'm barking up
the wrong tree here, please let me know! :-)

Thanks for the information.

                    --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!