On Wednesday 09 October 2002 02:44 pm, you wrote:

> I have postfix on Mandrake 8.2 at home and it was a non-chroot install
> by default.
> Do you have fetchmail set up to translate from your isp address to the
> user that postfix is looking for? If your local address and your ISP
> address are not the same check the headers to see which "From" & "
> Reply To" addresses are being used. When I first set fetchmail-postfix-
> procmail-mutt up it took me several tries to get all the routing headers
> set to something the rest of the world could find.   I still haven't gotten
> around to setting up an email system on my home LAN so i can't help
> with that.
>
> Ray Warren

Okay, I kinda figured from the way the msgs were going that it was 9.0 only.

In answer to your question, I'm a total newbie when it comes to Linux mail
systems. Before I'd always just setup Kmail to use pop3 with my ISP. I just
wanted to learn more (and boy have I ever!) and try to set up mail for my
local LAN.

SO.... Nope - I hadn't touched any files that have anything to do with
fetchmail, procmail, or mutt. Can you tell me what config files for each that
I need to check/change? Or better yet, I don't want to exhaust you, if you
can point me to a good "howto" or FAQ (like the one I found for setting up
NFS - it was clean, straightforward, and wonderful - I had NFS working in
about an hour!).

Thanks for all your help, Ray!

--
                                                                          /\