Hi guys,

I have setup many a smb server with great success, always using workgroup
though..

I decided its time to learn how the other half live and setup samba as a PDC
for my home network..
(and if i get good enough to understand it all, I'll roll it out
elsewhere..)

Anyway, up till now, I have had no experiance with ldap or Winbind and I am
not sure I know all I need to about NT domains either..(though I have
already read the docs at samba.org relating to it.)

So, my question is this.. does anyone know of a modern up to date doc on
samba/winbind PDC with ldap ???
everything I have read seems to be dated around 2.2.0 which is missing most
of the stuff thats cool now.

I notice that the mandrake 9.0 rpm for samba has a good bit of stuff in it
relating to the above.. so I want to get to know and use them..

Can anyone tell me in simple english what winbind does???

any info/tips etc would be greatly appreaciated....

regards

Frank