I installed 9 on my desktop at home and it seemed pretty quick, but
I've installed it here at work and it is much much slower.  My home
system is a PII 333 with 128m ram and the system here at work is a
P233 with 64m ram.  Not a huge difference in hardware to me, but it's
very slow - even the login screen seems bogged down.  Of course, I've
shut down services I don't need, but is there anything else I can try?
I'm more of a command line kinda guy, so use simple words I can
understand.

Sincerely,
Jim Hubbard