On Tuesday 15 October 2002 11:18 pm, Ron Stodden wrote:
> Norman Zhang wrote:
> > I have setup HP 2200D on the LM 9.0 box.

So do I.  Heck of a printer, no?

> >For all duplex print jobs the
> > reverse side is always printed upside down. (i.e., flipped on the short
> > edge) I cannot find a way to configure this in KDE3. Is there a way I can
> > configure it to flip on the long edge?

This is the wrong way of doing it, but it works.

Open up KPresenter (or any other K application, perhaps).  File->Print (verify
you're using CUPS and the HP2200D is selected) ->Properties and start playing
the duplex printing settings.  Be sure to hit save, then cancel out of it.
Then try printing again.

There's a bug (or a really bad policy decision, or something I'm missing) that
lets KPresenter (and others?) affect printer settings for (all?) other
programs.  I've verified that ghostscript and Open|Star Office are affected.

If you want to follow along, I've submitted the problem as Mandrake Expert
incident #35156 and sent a note over to the cooker list.

(Keep in mind that although we have the same printer, same distro & version,
and it looks like we have the same problem, I could be completely wrong...)

Hope that helps!

Barry Rountree