On Wednesday 16 October 2002 08:51 pm, ET wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 03:59 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 12:08, tarvid wrote:
> > > Anybody know of a festival or Celebration in honor of 9.0 in the next
> > > few months on the East Coast of the US?
> > >
> > > If there isn't one, I'd be willing to host one in Galax, VA. We've done
> > > them before and they can be a lot of fun.
> > >
> > > But I'd still like to find a gathering in a preferably warm place in
> > > the next few months to get out of here for a few days.
> > >
> > > Jim Tarvid
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> >   I'm on the opposite side of the country, but I had an interesting
> > thought   There is a certain city in North Carolina where people where
> > red hats all the time... probably would make a good place to hold the
> > party *gin* (Not heavy tongue in cheek going on here.)
> >
> > James
>
> I am in North Carolina, where is this city? (I hope it is close to LV

Ed:
Galax is just over the NC/VA line and a bit west of I-77 -- pretty much due
north of Charlotte. It's been a long time since I've been up that way, but
IIRC it's a very pretty part of the world. Not sure what the local drinking
laws are, though.

James:
I happen to live in Raleigh (RedHat's new home). FWIW, most of the red hats
that you see around here have NC State logos on them. I don't think that I've
ever seen an official Red Hat hat. Maybe they keep a low profile to avoid
being arrested for possible DCMA violations.

Jim:
Please add me to your list. Might be fun.

-- cmg