this devfs thing is really starting to hack me off, i see no reason why the
'first' user to log on locally gets to be 'king of audio'.
if i try to avoid using devfs will this behaviour change?
i thought groups were the way to handle this sort of thing, but my ability to
customise my machine is being removed by automation that requires actual
coding skills to get around limitations it's introducing 'to make things
easier'
i think mandrake should stop and consider the few folk for whom auto
mountpoint creation for usb/removable devices is a pita and permissions
getting set whether you like it or not, are not helpful, and allow us to opt
out easily

thanks for the info, i won't of course be doing anything about this now, i'll
be too busy learning perl just to be able to understand what happens when i
plug in my camera - let alone change it! (i don't think)

can you tell i'm annoyed?

bascule

--
'Why don't I feel angry?'
GLANDS, said Death shortly. ADRENALIN AND SO FORTH. AND EMOTIONS. YOU DON'T