bascule wrote on Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 02:09:03AM +0100 :
> this devfs thing is really starting to hack me off, i see no reason why the
> 'first' user to log on locally gets to be 'king of audio'.

Logon as a user and then go do a ls -l of that file in /dev.  Then open
another login session and login as a different user and then go do a ls
-l of that file in /dev.  Are they both owned by the first user?  Or are
they owned by the respective user who is viewing them?

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
           MandrakeSoft USA   http://www.mandrakesoft.com
Never take no as an answer from someone who's not authorized to say yes.