Ronald J. Hall wrote:
On Wednesday 23 October 2002 12:06 pm, you wrote:

Do Chromium and Armagetron use SDL? I know frozen-bubble and tower toppler
do. Do those work for you? That will tell you if you have the normal libs.
By default, I don't think Mandrake installs the dev libs, which is what
you'll need for compiling...

I was able to get tuxtyping to compile with a little effort on 8.2 before I
moved to 9. Basically it involved getting the results of ./configure, going
to rpmfind.net, finding what RPM the file was in, installing the RPM and
then wash, rinse and repeat.

Good luck!

David

Hi David. Thanks for the reply. Well, I installed all the dev packages, thinking that might be the problem. Yes, tower toppler and frozen bubble work just fine (just tried).

Here is the output from a couple of apps I'm trying to compile.

This is glaxium:

checking for sdl-config... /usr/bin/sdl-config
checking for SDL - version >= 1.1.5... no
*** Could not run SDL test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means SDL was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved SDL since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the sdl-config script: /usr/bin/sdl-config
configure: error: *** SDL version not found!

and this is Tuxpaint:

f86dga -lXv -lXinerama -ldl -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tuxpaint] Error 1

I went to rpmfind/net and tried entering lasound but nothing was returned.

Any other thoughts, ideas, and/or sage advice? <grin>

Thanks again!

Rpmfind.net is a cool site but use urpmf to search your local rpm database, first. Don't know if this is what you are looking for:

[root@localhost rolf]# urpmf sdl-config
libSDL1.2-devel:/usr/bin/sdl-config
[root@localhost rolf]# urpmf lasound
[root@localhost rolf]# urpmf libsound.la
[root@localhost rolf]# urpmf liblasound
[root@localhost rolf]# urpmf sound.la
nethack_falconseye:/usr/lib/nethack_falconseye/sound/lament1.mid
nethack_falconseye:/usr/lib/nethack_falconseye/sound/lament2.mid
vsound:/usr/lib/vsound/libvsound.la
libalsa2-devel:/usr/lib/libasound.la
kdebase:/usr/lib/kde3/konq_sound.la
kernel-source:/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-16mdk/sound/last.c