On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 11:07, Gonzalo Avaria wrote:
> Hi all, i want to make one little question. Here it
> is... :)
> - I would like to make backups or my user folder on
> the home, that is, i want to make a multisession CD
> that i could go creating folders with the contents of
> my "/home/gonzalo" like every month or week. How can i
> do that?. I have a ASUS 8x4x32 IDE-CD R/RW.
>
> Well if you need mor info i will send it to you.
> thanks for your time
> PS: I'm using MDK 9.0

A simpler *backup* (not archiving) solution is do is cycle CDRWs.

On a four-week cycle, you use four CDRWs, one for each week.

I record the date in the Volume label of the CDRW.

When you get to week five you re-use the first week CDRW and start
another cycle. This is repeated every week there after.

So 4 -> 1 (burn this one)
   3 -> 4 (move this one)
   2 -> 3 (move this one)
   1 -> 2 (move this one)

I don't label my CDRWs so I can simply by moving them from one numbered
cases to another.

You can semi-automate this procedure with a script - still have to
insert a CDRW thou.

The result is you have four weeks of backups (or more if you like) and
only have to burn one CDRW a week. No need to worry about multisessions
at all.

Gabriel