Phil wrote:
Hello All,

Since installing Mdk 9.0 I am experiencing a problem with printing from the Gimp. I have not had this problem before and all other applications (and the test page from the Mandrake control centre) print correctly.

When I try to print a picture kprinter displays an error message that reads:

"can't print from STDIN: use '--stdin' option or specify a file to print in the file selection area"

Is there something that I have to do that is different from previous versions or is this some type of bug?

Something that has changed recently in CUPS is that, whereas 'kprinter' worked as the print command for applications that print, it now needs to be 'kprinter --stdin'. If you can set the GIMP print command to kprinter --stdin, I think it would work. I had the analogous experience with Mozilla.