On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 08:10, Ritesh Ahya wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have a problem if anybody can help me.
> I have dual boot linux and win98.
> win98 in first partition and rest is my linux.
> at the time of installing linux, i installed lilo in a boot floppy so i can
> run my linux only when i have a floppy that has lilo.
> now i have lost floppy. I still have linux in my system, but i don't konw
> how to boot my system with linux.
> Is there any help ?. i still have linux installation cd, can it help me for
> anything ?
> Can anybody help with this please ?
>
> Ritesh

Ritesh,

All you need to do is to boot with your first install CD, press F1 when
it invites you to, then type: rescue

You will get a nice little menu.  The first item is "re-install lilo
boot manager" or words to that effect.  Just select this and it will
install lilo for you.  I presume that even though you originally had it
on a floppy, this will result in it being on the hard drive.  Hopefully
this is not a problem for you.  Don't see why it would be unless you
need to conceal the fact that linux is there from windoze users.

HTH
Brian