On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 15:57, Sebastien Routier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if and how can I enable my onboard video card while
> also using my normal PCI/AGP video card??

The on board AGP & AGP slot are the same "slot" for video. If you need
to add another card use a PCI card. I have never seen a board with two
AGP slots although that would be great.

NOTE: PCI bus is PCI bus 0 while the AGP bus is PCI bus 1 (IIRC actually
AGP is part of the PCI bus) there for they will be read that way by the
bios and your computer and you will need to differentiate between them
in X. IIRC you will need to put a bus line in the configs to let it know
that you are using it as screen0 or screen1.

I'm not sure if mandrake 9 (or RedHat 8) will auto detect dual monitors
successfully, I will have to try it.

Here is the link to the Xinerama HOW-TO:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO.html
this may explain more than I could and do it right.