well if you were using the commandline format tool you could have just pressed ctrl+c right up until 99% or so, as its just checking the drive.

Other than that, put it in another MS PC and hope for the best, u might have to buy some software to recover it

JG

Brian Schroeder wrote:
I think I know the answer to this, but is it possible to
un-format a fat partition (formatted from diskdrake)?

To set the scene:  My windows partition trashed itself.  I had
a complete backup of it on another partition.  So I decided to
format the bad partition and copy on everything from the backup.

Unfortunately (stupidly!), I somehow managed to format the wrong
one...

I haven't touched the newly formated partition since.

Brian Schroeder