Thanks James.  It's my home machine, and I am at work at the
moment.  I'll try your suggestions when I can this week, and
hopefully have some success.

Brian.

From: James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Expert List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [expert] Unformatting a vfat partition
Date: 03 Nov 2002 19:35:14 -0800

YOUR MILAGE MAY VARY!!!

What I have been able to do on other boxes.  (We had a sales guy that
transfered everything by sneaker net and kept formating his HDD instead
of the floppy.)

IF the format tool in Linux is fat16 (I think it is) then possibly
either the DOS 6.22 unformat tool or Norton Utilities unformat will
work.  (I've used norton several times on the above guys box... hasn't
failed me ....yet.....*grin.)

Another possiblity is this guys tool at

http://dos.li5.org/downloads/rec.htm

OSS Dos tools one is undelete and the other is an unformat tool.

James