Does anybody know if it is possible to burn a cd-r in DAO mode with cdrecord
and a mitsumi cr-4804 te burner (and how)?

I know that the drive actually supports DAO 'cos I have burned hundred of DAO
cds with this burner under Windows...

Every time I try to burn in DAO mode this is what I get told by cdrecord:

scsidev: '0,2,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 2 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Cdrecord 1.11a32 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg
Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
Using libscg version 'schily-0.6'
atapi: 1
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'MITSUMI '
Identifikation : 'CR-4804TE       '
Revision       : '3.0D'
Device seems to be: Philips CDD-522.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO
Supported modes: TAO PACKET RAW/R16 RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 1343488 = 1312 KB
FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Drive does not support SAO recording.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Try -raw option.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.

Any help? Thanks
--
Piero Piutti

Message mailed with: KMail 1.4.3 ~ KDE 3.0.3 ~ Mandrake Linux 9.0