From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:expert-owner@;linux-mandrake.com]On Behalf Of Charles A Edwards
Sent: Friday, 8 November 2002 6:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] hard disk booting issue IBM PC.

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 06:00:33 +0800
"Franki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've tried installing lilo in different places with different configs, but
> am not sure what else I can do.

Even though the drive is ide and the pci controller card is for ide devices,
because it is a separate controller your BIOS will address the controller as
SCSI.

Set the boot sequence in your BIOS so that it boots SCSI rather than hd.

The how too will vary some between bioses.
Some you can set per device; 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. boot device, others you
have to set as a group, i.e.BOOT: floppy/cdrom/SCSI, floppy/SCSI/cdrom
...etc.   i.e.BOOT:floppy/cdrom/SCSI,floppy/SCSI/cdrom...etc.

Then your install lilo as normal.

    Charles

A gleekzorp without a tornpee is like a quop without a fertsneet (sort of).
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]