HI
I performed a harware upgrade on a mandrake 9.0 installation. Here is
the situations before and after:

Before:
ASUS (older) mother board with two USB 1.0 access points. USB working
well.
PIII processor

After:
ASUS P4S8X motherboard with 4 USB 2.0 access points. USB not working
properly.

What happens is the following: During startup I am told that it was not
possible to modprobe: insmod usb-ohci. Maybe due to incorrect IO or IRQ
adresses. I have tried to start the with linux -noapic, but that did not
make any changes I have also turned APIC off in the bios.

One the system is up and running I have tried the following:

insmod usb-ohci, but it does not work

If I then do a "modprobe usb-ohci" everything works fine and i can mount
the USB drives

What is the difference between insmod and modprobe and why does it not
work during startup, but ok once the machine is up and running????

Regard
Lars Ole.