I just built a custom 2.4.19mdk kernel on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad) and all
went well except (as seems usual) for sound.  I rebooted into the new kernel
and as soon as KDE 3 starts it complains that it couldn't find /dev/dsp.  The
new kernel incorporates ALSA into it but in the past alsa sources were
included in the kernel source so one could create all the devices.  Now I
cannot find these tools.  Where/how does one go about recreating /dev/dsp so
KDE will play well with kernel 2.4.19?

praedor