yep it is. SainTiss told me that in the newbie list (thanks!). As I said, I can ping/resolve hosts fromthe client, but it does not transfer (large chunks of?) data. Weird. Perhaps it has smthing to do with msec?

Sridhar wrote:

Check if ip_forward is set to 1 in /etc/sysctl.conf

-Sridhar

Jeferson Lopes Zacco wrote:

Hi all,

I've been spending some time trying to migrate from MDK 8.1 to 9.0. I
faced numerous problems, but now there is one left which I can't figure out.

I have a script for IPTABLES which act as a firewall and doubles as a
NAT/MASQ for the other machine in my tiny network. The script functions
exactly as expected in MDK 8.1, which is still installed here (thanks
God!). I took the script from the IPMASQ-H2 and made some minor
modifications. It is attached here (pipe it trough a grep -v \# to get
rid of the comments).

The script does not work in MDK 9.0. It gets loaded, ip_forwarding is
activated, I can have DNS access from the masqued client - but the data
just does not get trough. I tried disabling most of the servers/services
in MDK 9 that I thought could have anything to do with it - like
prelude. The configuration of the network card/ppp interface is
identical, including MTU values. I guess there is some "wizard" from MDK
9 which is getting in the way. But I don't know what it could be.

Can somebody point me how can I solve this?

TIA,
Wooky.

--
"Discussing this document with a US citizen may be an offence."

From the disclaimer of "Security Holes Fixed in Linux 2.4.19", by RH