I have noticed a wierd problem with RPM on both my home and
work machines since upgrading to mdk9.0. After the machine
has been up for a while, all rpm operations hang. This includes
rpm -q and rpm --rebuilddb as well as rpm -U, rpm -e etc.

rpm -qa and rpm --rebuilddb normally get part way through before
hanging.

In each case, I have been able to kill all other running rpm
processes, and there has been no related error, so far as I can
tell, in /var/log/messages.

The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot (just as you
would to fix a windows problem). Rpm then works for a while,
and then stops again. It's rather frustrating.

Brian.