On Thursday November 14 2002 05:35 pm, Sandeep Khanna wrote:

> Hey, I am sorry if my signature hurts your eyes.  What did you say
> about tampering the reply-to: header? I never did any stunts with
> that. What are you talking about?
>
> Sandeep

   In your mailer, instead of leaving 'reply to' blank, you entered your
email address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). This overides auto
replies comin to the list.  You're not the only one, on this list or
many other lists doin this.  Tryin to stop people from makin this mildy
rude mistake is like discouraging HTML (very rude). Same thing with not
limiting characters per line to =<72. Usually it's just an unawareness
of the consequences by (new) users.

   It's been netiquette since before there was a Net, to limit sigs to
no more than 4 lines (including blank ones), and no banners, ASCII art
or not.  More current netiquette is just to say who you are and maybe
where from.  Preferably on one line.  Specially now that small screen
hand held wireless devices are popular, and more'n more people are
connected worldwide, but pay for d/l size and/or connect time.