I'm fordwarding this message again to the list because I did not get any
answer I wanted to give it another try to see if anyone can help me...

I found something more: I removed (phisically) the hardisk containing
the root partition of the raid mdk so the installation program could not
access to it by no mean and would only see the non-raid mdk OS, but it
said that it cannot find a root partition to upgrade, even thought it
boots correctly (full X+kde/gnome) with the non-raid mdk. !!!!!????

Anything before going mad and formating all the drives??? Thanx.

--- Begin Message ---
As I'm having torubles to update a MDK 8.2 to 9.0 because of raid 0 (the
provided Mandrake patch on the errata page does not suit me), I have
made a complete copy of the system in other spare partitions but without
raid and changed fstab and deleted raidtab to make it bootable and
workable (it is 100% functional by now).

The problem is that when I use mandrake installation CD's and select
'upgrade', it assumes the OS partition to upgrade is the one with raid
instead of the 'new' one. How can I force the system to choose the other
OS or at least ask me before?

Any hint will be wellcomed. Thanx in advance.

--
           Diego  Dominguez
              __/\__

Copa del Mundo de la FIFA 2002
El único lugar de Internet con vídeos de los 64 partidos.
¡Apúntante ya! en http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/fc/es/

--- End Message ---