Nope. The raid is software raid. I managed to remove the disk with the
root partition and tried to install on antoher drive and finally found
out why it was unsuccesful:
Although the partitions were formated in ext2 and reiserfs, disk
partition table was indicating that it was a FAT fs!! It was just a
corrupted partition table. Problem is that if you mount the specifing
file system it goes great, but the install program maybe was guessing by
what it was reported in partition table.... Only way to get it was when
I found that mounting without file system type complaint about.

Sorry for the delay giving this feedback, but after a failed upgrade to
9.0 of rpm's by hand I have even lost mail! (an missed some mail
addressed to me ;-)

Thanx a lot for your interest!

--
           Diego  Dominguez