On Tuesday 19 November 2002 5:39 pm, Brian Schroeder wrote:
> As Pierre said, "there are SO many ways in Linux...".  So often,
> when I want to do something, the problem is deciding which tool
> to use!
> Since you like Word for this, I too would have suggested oowriter.
> But xfig is something else that could be well worth a try.  It is
> on the Mandrake CDs, but not generally installed by default.  It
> will also give you virtually unlimited positioning and scaling
> options.
>
> Brian.

> >On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:07:39 -0500 Jonathan Dlouhy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >wrote:
> > > Is there a way to use GIMP or another editing program that will allow
> > > me, for example, to put two different pictures, like 4"x6" on the same
> > > page and print them that way? I hate to use the Windoze word, but there
> > > are numerous programs for 'doze that will do this easily. There must be
> > > a Linux equivalent.

Brian, I didn't mean that I prefer MS Word, just that I dislike have to use
the word "Windows". So far, the easiest way to do what I wanted is just to
use openoffice, insert the pics, move them around, resize, add text, etc. and
it's quite easy. Thanks for the reply.

--
Jonathan Dlouhy
Tuesday, November 19, 2002
"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
-Former U.S.Vice-President Dan Quayle
Registered Linux user #264482      Powered by Mandrake Linux 9