This time [EMAIL PROTECTED]
becomes daring and writes:

> I guess I just needed to clarify the use of md5sum. When executing
> <md5sum -c Mandrake81-cd3-supp.i586.iso>, why do I get <md5sum:
> Mandrake81-cd3-supp.i586.iso: no properly formatted MD5 checksum lines
> found>? When I execute <md5sum Mandrake81-cd3-supp.i586.iso> I get an
> md5sum displayed which matches the md5sum in the md5sums.81
> file. Isn't the md5sum embedded in the iso so that the -c switch
> will

  No. The md5sum is in a file in the dir of the ISOs called
  something.md5 and that's the file you run with -c against, while
  being in the dir where the ISOs and .md5 file are at.

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_