Hi, all,

I am still struggling to identify the root cause of my wireless problems (for
those of you having read my recent Netgear MA401 email, you know what I am
talking about) - to recap: I am at the point of having to use two different
DHCP servers (at home and at work), with two different scopes ... after
having "patched" all sorts of scripts (network-functions), and forced
non-default drivers (orinoco_cs, vs. wvlan_cs), I am still struggling with
the fact that upon moving the laptop from one place (i.e. DHCP server) to the
other, the system "remembers" the IP address from the other location, and it
does not consider the new scope, neither getting the proper mask or default
gateway.
NOTE: of course booting my system into M$'s W2K gets everything up just fine
... how the H* are they doing that?!?

I am sorry - but after having shot my whole weekend, I am tired - mainly - of
the non-standard way of handling wireless networking in Mandrake (inherited
from RedHat, I assume), and also frustrated of having to read each script,
one line at a time, to determine what is being done when, and how, in order
to trace all the problems ... so here is my kind request to you: is there any
kind soul out there able to point me to a document describing in detail the
networking boot-up process for Mandrake 9.0, at least for the new scripts for
wireless? I know Linux is all about learning one's self, but I was hoping I
can move on to new stuff, doing so, with a working system, rather than having
to fix problems of things which should have worked to begin with ... I would
think ... sorry if I am wrong here ...

Thx,
Stef