On Monday 25 November 2002 01:14 am, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 03:28, stefmit wrote:
> > On Monday 25 November 2002 05:18 am, stefmit wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Here is what I found - pretty disturbing (as I cannot get an
> > > understanding on why this happens): a directory /etc/dhcpc, where I
> > > found two files: dhcpcd-eth0.info, and dhcpcd-eth0.info.old, both
> > > containing my office address (172.x.y.z), the network it belongs to
[...]
> > And an immediate follow-up: I deleted the two dhcpcd-eth0.info(.old)
> > files, while having a 192.168.w.t address, then did a service network
> > reload, and the d*** 172.x.y.z address came back!!! And a new
> > dhcpcd-eth0.info got created, again with the 172.x.y.z. address, its
> > network, but the broadcast and gateway from the proper network at home
[...]
> Okay, now that's freaky. Faced with this, I'd go delete all interfaces
> from MCC, remove any .old or whatever, then make new config files by
> hand and write a quick script or two to swap them around.

I ran into something similar with my home wireless.  At first, I was running
dhcp with the 10.0.0.0 network but then switched my server to 192.168.0.0 but
when I tried to bring up my client...it would get the 10.0.0.0-based address.
In my case, however, I simply deleted the dhcpcd-eth0.x files and re-upped
eth0 and got the address I wanted.  In my case, the device was/is a WUSB11
v2.6 linksys clientside.  I didn't use any special app other than "ifdown
eth0" then "ifup eth0".

praedor