* Stardate: 2002-11-27 10:09
* Incoming subspace signal from "Joe Braddock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" :

> I am not at a Linux box right now, but in your home directory, there should be some
>hidden .gtk directories.  I know .gtkrc is for gtk1.2 I'm not sure the exact
>directory for gtk2.  Regardless, these directories hold configuration information for
>gtk.  If one of them has bad data, then no amounts of re-installs will work.  The
>good news is that if you delete the directory, a new one will be created the next
>time gtk loads (you will lose any personal settings and changes, though).  If you can
>determine which one is for gtk2 and delete it, or delete all of the .gtk hidden
>directories in home (if you don't mind losing custimizations), that should fix it.
>If you're hesitant to delete the folders, rename them (mv .gtkrc .gtkrc-old).  That
>way, if things are really screwed up after the delete, you can delete the newly
>created directors and rename your old ones back to the proper name.

I created a new user account, without the config files, but the same problem arose.
There's nothing in the logs, xsession-errors looks like this:

<ɓ-#F)(ֵe/ZK
G&^lϩܱWpK?_Vˠ%G@eH\dl7՞X/1~f&!?Pu{tmө
.6}{\Z[U1:>H02iNѮJU?N@QJ&`46Lp\^I-"

etcetera...

When I start a GTK2 app the window comes up, but is never finished. Ik seems like it
cannot load the icons/pixmaps.

--
Best regards, M@X.

* Climate Control Psychedelic Soundscapes - http://go.to/cchq/