DAVID:

That is in fact a fuser error. We had THAT EXACT error on one of ours about 4
months ago, and the fuser was replaced (we were lucky there, still under
warrenty).

We recently had to buy a fuser assembly, and the price is $650 Canadian, about
$450 US (OUCH!). Still cheaper than flying a tech to you.
/More rant: (last time - I promise ;^)

The real pity is that the 4100N had such great potential for us, as we have to
monitor and maintain network printers over an area not much smaller than all
of Tanzania, and the web server, and controls built in were great, and being
IP based, there is no O/S issues. I often use my linux laptop to check up on
the printers to see error logs, toner level, and manage access.

Maybe (dreaming here) if the jack-asses in management at HP see that they are
well and truly on their way to losing the printer market, they will admit the
screw-up, and issue a recall, or at least provide the PROPER fuser assembly
for free. The change -out is easy, and I think most end-users would be happy
to exchange the fuser themselves.

I thank people for their tolerance of the rant here, and ask that everyone who
has a negative experience with the 4100 post to all the groups they subscribe
to. If people shout loud enough, sometimes the jack-asses do listen.

Ken

<SNIP, SNIP, SNIP>