Could you suggest me a good MySQL and PHP tutorial available in the web?

Thank you

Olaf

At 23.22 29/11/2002, you wrote:
On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 08:47, Guilherme Cirne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know of good database applications for cataloging CD's under ML
> 9.0?

I've been using the cddb_get package with a MySQL database.

http://armin.emx.at/cddb/CDDB_get-latest.tar.gz

Works very well.

Create the database with 'mysqladmin create CDs', then from the
CDDB_get-2.11 directory, do 'mysql CDs <DATABASE'.

You now have a MySQL database called CDs with 2 tables, cds and tracks.

Then do 'perl Makefile.pl' then 'make' & 'make install'

You'll have to edit the resulting cddb.pl with the correct login
information for your MySQL server. localhost for the server, root as the
user, and "" for the password works for a default installation.

I also added the following line to cddb.pl so that the cd drawer ejects
after writing to the database (on line 356):

system ("eject /dev/scd0"); #or whatever your cd device is...

So, while connected to the Internet, simply put in your cds one by one,
run 'cddb.pl' and it will go off to the Internet, grab the cddb info,
and populate your database. You may have to manually add any cds that
don't exist in the cddb database, I suggest that you investigate
phpMyAdmin for this. I'll leave that up to you :)

Also, believe it or not, I wrote a couple of php pages to view my
collection only yesterday...

Put them under /var/www/html and view them with your browser.

I hope that this solution fits the bill.

Kind regards,

John...
<olaf@ kjws.com> for every kind of mail, except spam! :-)