I would like touse Opera as web browser.  I am however having trouble
getting the it to work smoothly with java.

Whenever I try to start opera I get the following message:

    pan:~ > opera -debugjava
    java: There seems to be a preloaded version of Xt.
          Typical causes for this are the LD_PRELOAD environment
          variable or that Opera indirectly depends on libXt.so
          Java will probably crash Opera.

          How to modify setup (example)

          SUN Java installed at: /opt/java/jre1.3.1_04
          export OPERA_JAVADIR=/opt/java/jre1.3.1_04/lib/i386/
          export LD_PRELOAD=${OPERA_JAVADIR}/libawt.so
          export
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${OPERA_JAVADIR}:${OPERA_JAVADIR}/client/

          IBM Java installed at: /opt/java/IBMJava2-131
          export OPERA_JAVADIR=/opt/java/IBMJava2-131/bin
          export LD_PRELOAD=${OPERA_JAVADIR}/libawt.so
          export
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${OPERA_JAVADIR}:${OPERA_JAVADIR}/client/

    java: Disabling java due to potential dangers. If you know
          what you are doing, you can set the environment variable
          OPERA_FORCE_JAVA_ENABLED to '1' to override this.

I have tried the following:
- follow the descriptions above.  It still resulted in the error
message.
- I have tried kaffe (1.0.7-1mdk) and j2re (1.4.0_01-1mdk) as my java
runtime environment.
- I have tried opera downloaded from opera's home page
(6.10-20021029.4-shared-qt) as well as the version from MandrakeClub
(6.03-0.static.1mdk).  The latter is staticly linked and does not issue
the error above, instead the opera stalls when trying to run java.

Does anybody have a opera and Java working together.  If so, what are
the correct combination of RPMs?

Thanks in advance

Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``When you have had all the experiences, met all the famous people,