This time James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 22:50, Vox wrote:
>>
>> This time Lorne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> becomes daring and writes:
>>
>> > <second send> Sorry, I used an old subject and I'm guessing no one saw it
>> > earlier. I'd like to try again.
>> >
>> > Since I wrote this earlier today, I gave up on openbsd without the cdrom. I
>> > decided to look at Mandrake security. Has anyone played with it and how
>> > secure is it really? It is a snap to install.
>>
>>   My firewall is a mdk box...it was a RC for 8.0 (I think RC1, can't
>>   remember) and now is a 9.0 box...correctly configured, it is pretty
>>   secure. I am very paranoid (my firewall logs to my workstation, and
>>   I keep the logs on my screen at all times :) and haven't seen
>>   anything that could mean anybody has been able to get in yet.
>>
>>   I think mdk does a very good job in the security department, as long
>>   as you keep up with the advisories, you shouldn't have a problem.
>>
>>   Vox
>>
>> PD: Re-sending, silly thing didn't get signed for some reason
>
> Automation...... ;)

  Yes, yes, yes, I know :P I've just been too lazy to code in a "sign
  when sending to everybody but these mailing lists and these email
  addys" thing in eLISP....one of these days I'll get to code
  it...meanwhile, I'll have to keep saying "y" or "n" when it asks
  (and make sure I hit the right answer :)

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_