Hi,
Although mdk9 includes xine, I still have to install the encrypted dvd
decoder. I had this working in 8.1 but it is not going well atm.

As xine is installed already I added the following:

libdvdread2-devel-0.9.3-2mdk
libdvdcss2-1.2.3-1plf
libdvdread2-0.9.3-2mdk
libdvdread-utils-0.9.3-2mdk

I built libdvdnav from source as it was not availble as rpm (for all my looking). I've tried to build xine-dvdnav from source as well, but it says xine-config file is not found, i could not avoid this ./configure problem.

I've checked the penguin liberation front which normally contains these contentius rpms. http://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/9.0/i586/
I also checked http://dvd.sourceforge.net/

--
input_dvd: Sorry, this plugin doesn't play encrypted DVDs. The legal status
of CSS decryption is unclear and we can't provide such code.

So, if anyone has a tip i'd welcome it. VCD's play fine, but I like DVDs ;)

Regards

JG