This time James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> All,
>
>    I've got to set up a number of apps to use java.  Problems come with
> the fact that as you may know not all jvm's are created equal.  Some of
> these apps run on 1.2 some on 1.3 and others on 1.4 ... then to top it
> off depending on the distro the directory could be different, and each
> box is running all 3 apps at different times.  So to address this I'm
> creating a "startup" script that locates the correct jre or jdk as
> needed and does the correct path insertion. So what I need to do.
>
> 1.  discover the location of the jre/jdk I need
>       No problem with this one a case statement is all I need.
> 2.  Set the appropriate path ... see above.
> 3.  Reset the path when the app is closed...

  Save the original PATH to another non-existant environment variable
  before you change it, once you are done with it, change the PATH
  back to the saved one :)

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_