On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 07:27, Lorne wrote:
<Heavily snipped>

> The linux non gui version is NOT commercial. It is a shell script that leads
> you question by question and when it is done asking you questions, it then
> compiles the packages and settings and places them on a floppy for you. You
> can create a floppy in about 5 minutes. Cost = 0.00

Which still comes back to the original problem.... How to update 7.2
boxes (either SNF or regular) when you don't have a GUI.  the urpmi
capabilities that come with 7.2 are severely limited when it comes to a
situtation that exists now.  there is no hdlist.cz or synthlist.cz
available for these. urpmi.addmedia is missing the following switches
--update, -f (to force the creation of a hdlist when none exists.) and
the ability to "name" the media.

Question is ... could I take the urpmi from a later distro (since it is
a noarch app and actually perl scripts) and force install it onto 7.2 so
that I can have a way of remotely, and in fact automatically updating
these boxes until the time when they can be replaced.  The biggest help
would be if hdlist.cz existed in the updates directory.  But since it
doesn't.......

James