On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:16:06PM -0500, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
: On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 11:52, Jerry A! wrote:
: > According to the manpage, 'chkconfig --del' should remove a service from
: > chkconfig's management.  Thus, it shouldn't show up when doing a
: > 'chkconfig --list'.
: >
: > However, that is not the case.  Has anything changed or am I doing
: > something wrong?
: >
: > If this is the expected behavior, maybe the manpage should be updated?
: >
: >         --Jerry
: >
: > Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
: > ...It's much more important than that!
:
: I noticed the same behavior here; however, the --del qualifier reset all
: runlevels to "off".  Maybe that is what is meant by

However, on my Redhat boxes, chkconfig behaves as described in the man
page.  This makes for less clutter when viewing what services you have
running/actively managed.