On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 07:04:06PM +0100, Steffen Barszus wrote:
: On Tuesday 10 December 2002 18:29, Jerry A! wrote:
: > On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:16:06PM -0500, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
: > : On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 11:52, Jerry A! wrote:
: > : > According to the manpage, 'chkconfig --del' should remove a service
: > : > from chkconfig's management.  Thus, it shouldn't show up when doing a
: > : > 'chkconfig --list'.
: > : >
: > : > However, that is not the case.  Has anything changed or am I doing
: > : > something wrong?
: > : >
: > : > If this is the expected behavior, maybe the manpage should be updated?
: > :
: > : I noticed the same behavior here; however, the --del qualifier reset all
: > : runlevels to "off".  Maybe that is what is meant by
: >
: > However, on my Redhat boxes, chkconfig behaves as described in the man
: > page.  This makes for less clutter when viewing what services you have
: > running/actively managed.
: >
: No chkconfig --del service delete the service to be not started at boot or
: init-change. To delete a service make:

No, from the manpage:

CHKCONFIG(8)                                                      CHKCONFIG(8)

OPTIONS
       --del The  service  is removed from chkconfig management, and any sym-
             bolic links in /etc/rc[0-6].d which pertain to it are removed.

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!