On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 07:03 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

Counting the betas and RC's, I've installed 9.0 more than 10 times. On
every one, when boot completes, the cursor on vc1/tty1 is always in the
wrong place (col 0, under the first character of hostname), and the last
"( OK )" from the boot messages is sitting over on the right side of
the same line where the cursor is. Why is the login prompt (apparently)
displayed before boot is finished?
IIRC, it's due to samba. There is a sleep call in the samba initscript that delays printing the [OK] to the screen which is why you get that crummy display. I'm not sure what that is there tho... although I expect it's there for a reason and not just to look "pretty".

Oh... comments in the smb script indicate that it is giving samba 1 minute to sleep to make sure cups printers show up as samba shares properly.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"