Mandrake 9.0, cooker kernel-2.4.20-2mdk and swsusp beta 16, Sony Vaio
VX88 with i810 chipset.

Does anyone have this combo working on an ACPI-using laptop, maybe in
non-Mandrake version?

I have 384M of RAM and 760M of swap space -- when I run the suspend
script or echo 4 into /proc/acpi/sleep, I go through eating memory into
the next part, which fails with:

alloc pages: 0-order allocation failed [gfp=0x3d2/0]

Same error happens on resume.

It's always done this with beta 15, the difference is that now it hangs
after displaying the error on resume, which is how I was able to write
it down. BTW, the way around the hang is to boot with noresume and
mkswap your swap partition, as it's now corrupt.

I've asked on the swsusp list and linux-sony list, no one knows anything
definite but someone suggested that it could be related to VM changes in
2.4.19 and 2.4.20.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...