David Robertson wrote:
Hi

I posted this query to the newbie list but have had no takers so if
anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful:

I used the script in the club pages to set up urpmi for updates,
commercial apps, contributions and PLF files.I now want to install
mplayer and when using the software manager it tells me that everything
is already installed - it certainly isn't, I've checked thoroughly. So,
I tried text mode in a terminal - "urpmi mplayer" and I get a list of
files to be installed, is that OK? I hit "Y" and the installation
aborts, saying that a number of files aren't found. I'm also getting an
error saying "unable to take medium 'Update for Mandrake Linux 9.0
(ftpiu)' into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.Updates for
Mandrake Linux 9.0 (ftpiu)]exists."

This is a reinstall of LM 9.0 and I didn't have these problems before -
I can't think that I've done anything different, so any suggestions
would be gratefully received!

Thanks

David

Try updateing your database with urpmi.update -a

--
/Marek
\\Pawinski.net