Ok, I offer 2 possible solutions for you then. Download the 9.0 ISO's for free (or have them burned to CD by someone you know who already has them) and upgrade the lot (or just upgrade KDE by adding the 3 9.0 CD's as sources in URPMI). Download the (Cooker) KDE RPM's via RPMdrake, and then satisfy the dependencies the same way. I just don't understand why you can't do the downloads (for free) that you need instead of going through the hassle of compiling something that requires vastly different libs etc. than the system you are currently running. Just my .0002c worth.

Regards