On Sunday 15 December 2002 05:15 pm, Jason Greenwood wrote:
> Ok, I'm with you now. I know plenty of people who have 9.0 and would
> burn it for you for free (if you replaced the CD's for them). I am sure
> you do as well. If not, I suggest giving your location (roughly) to the
> list to see if there is someone near you who is willing to burn you a
> copy of 9.0. From there, simply upgrade the kernel to the cooker one (it
> works, I know, I run Cooker at home) and you're all set. I see what you

As I understood it (and experienced it) some people were having no problems
with the 9.0 kernel but there were a large number who found supermount
partially or totally borked and had to disable it.  Were you among this
contingent?  If so, are you saying the Cooker kernel fixes the supermount
problem?  I also have a usb wireless device.  Under the 9.0 kernel, it was
unreliable and prone to lockups (the device, not the system).  If I can be
reasonably assured that 1) supermount is now fixed in the Cooker kernel and
2) usb is updated, then I would consider going with a full 9.0 and
immediately update to the Cooker kernel.

praedor