On Saturday 14 December 2002 8:46 pm, Ralph De Witt wrote:

> I snagged the latest NVIDIA drivers in rpm format and tryed to
> install following the directions. From level 3 I installed the up
> kernel rpm doing a rpm -Uvh, I then did a rpm -e to remove the old
> GLX file and then did a rpm - -Uvh to install it. rpm informed me
> that it had to remove three files libgl or libglx then it did the
> install. I did not edit the config file because my install of MDK 9
> had installed the NVIDIA drivers from the DVD. I then rebooted and
> X crashed and I went to level 3, when I looked in the config file I
> found the nvidia module was specified but glx was not specified but
> there was a link to some lib file. When X crashed it stated that
> the kernel modual was not located or installed.

double check your Config-4 file that it has nvidia as the driver under
device section and Load "GLX" under module section.  Then:  modprobe
nvidia  (the driver has changed from NVdriver to nvidia).  And try to
startx.  If it works, put:  /sbin/modprobe nvidia  in your
/etc/rc.d/rc.modules files.  If X doesn't start, shoot us your errors
from console and XFree86.0.log.  hth, -s