On Tuesday 17 December 2002 12:07 pm, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Lyvim Xaphir wrote on Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:29:51PM -0500 :
> > >
> > > A brand new Intel D845PEBT2 with a 2.4ghz P4 CPU.
> >
> > Looks like a WD problem.  Western Digital strikes out again.
>
> Maybe.  I know that the i845G has problems with the released kernel, but
> do not know if the mobo that you have is the same one.

It appears that this board uses the Intel 82845PE (MCH) chipset. So dunno what
if anything that would do to it. ?? I do have some older WD drives that work
fine as well.. I'm beginning to think it has more to do with the data path
width of 48 bits instead of 28bits. I wonder if the kernel knows how to read
that. ???