I too liked 8.2 rpmdrake better. It alsways worked perfectly. I could live
with the new format, except that it now takes up to 5 minutes for each
operation (same hardware as I had with 8.2),  if I'm lucky enough to get
through installing without it locking up. I also miss being able to see
what's in each package. I vote for the previous version, unless the
incredibly slow performance and lockups are fixed. Any advice out there about
the performance? It seems like Mandrake is searching for something on my cd
burner. This didn't happen with a regular cdrom drive.

Robert Crawford