sirc is a pretty wack client, as I believe the IRC kiddies would term it
:-) I used to have a pretty nifty set up where you could go to a webpage
which would run JTA with the SSH plugin and log you in as a special user
whose shell was a script that ran sirc and connected to the ircd at
localhost. Voila, instant encrypted IRC.

Unfortunately sirc was quite ill-behaved under such circumstances. It
and JTA kept disagreeing about window size and fonts and terminal
emulation. I tried to get BitchX going instead without success, and then
everyone switched to IM so I just turned it off. Still, the JTA trick is
a nice one to remember if you want to present a console app.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...